sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Decals / Images

Hodari

Hello long time..

Now because my brick wall was too heavy for each brick... now i try done images and my skill it's not good.

i have try read forums and now my eyes bleeding blod and i dont get anythin in brain more information.... :(

(except my screen work well in solarium)..

Is here good tutorial? there links but some not work.

First what is right way make wall window hole?

becouse how i make then image dont go right. (dont look well)

i am start thinkin i go and by miljon gigabyte menory computer and make old way... sniif...

simple thing take lot of work. ( i think)...

and sorry. God not give me more wisdom... :blink:

post-9948-1213118819_thumb.jpg

post-9948-1213118856_thumb.jpg

post-9948-1213118883_thumb.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well.. now material brick is a bit better.. but not like i wont.

image wood is oful. like i self made that house.. iiik..

but need anyway lesson / tutorials on how i can make better look brick wall..

post-9948-1213122563_thumb.jpg

post-9948-1213122580_thumb.jpg

What doesn't look right? the one in the middle or the one on the right?

Did you just add the image to the model or did you use a decal? It looks like you dragged the image onto the model or group. This will give you bad results because the images "scale" to the size of the patches.

On the other hand, if you decaled and THEN moved the splines this will stretch the decal image and make it look bad. Make sure you have the patches and splines just the way you like them first then decal. If you change things then remove the old decal and decal again. I am guessing at the problem from the center image.

Another problem is the normals. Those yellow lines sticking out of the wall. Some of them are flipped the wrong way. The normals should point OUT away from the surface. The thick end of the yellow line should be at the surface of the model and point outwards.

You also have some internal patches on parts of the wall. In this case it probably doesn't matter much, but it's not correct and can cause rendering problems.

Have you done all the tutorials in TAoAM? The book that came with A:M? You should do all of those tutorials and pay close attention to splinage and patches.

-vern

I just klik right mouse grup and add image.. and that wood and image brick is not "a harmonious whole"

and now material brick go fine. before one wall end was no brick, only cement.

And that one wall make too hard. like i say i dont get that decal. how that must make and what that mean finally.

thats why i need good tutorial step by step.

It's hard explain but usually manuals are technical word. and my understandin that is not good.

(becouse i am finnish language and stupid Buss driwer nowadays) :P

i have learn drow one way and now must learn other way. slow to me.

but still my best work is that aguarium year a go. and i am not draw after that.

so be patient fo me.. :(

post-9948-1213124503_thumb.jpg

OneWall.prj

post-9948-1213124974_thumb.jpg

Good mornig..

Now i find a solution to a problem. (one of them)

My material Brick not fit good on wall. and that only had translate and rotate.

Becouse one end has no brick at all.

so now must learn an pratice that decal on image use.. and that challenge fot me..

and last week holiday left.. (and here is raining so good reason be inside.. :P )

post-9948-1213167545_thumb.jpg

post-9948-1213167746_thumb.jpg

i am sorry. Me again. But i can't understand how that image work. now i find Siggraph trainin videos 2002 where was explain decal.

and now i have i bit understand how that work.

Broblen is now abaut i am stuck try make wood wall. i don't know and can use image. so i made hard way. and give surface that.

my opinion is thos way "I CAN" make better look. (so far before i learn use image? ) there is lot of images what use but they not fit well. (or like i want)

Becouse i have window hole in wall they become fanny look and not are evenly every place.

Nobady yet tell what is the right and wise way make hole in wall.

if i make flat wall and dry put wood image on that. it's not come that what i want. (mayby i want too much)

post-9948-1213183490_thumb.jpg

post-9948-1213183502_thumb.jpg

Hi Jani. I bet your computer is performing better with that textured wall in stead of all those bricks ;)

You're getting pretty close to a good looking wall. If you use a tile able decal image it's much easier to fit your decal on the surface. (use the repeat property in the image properties)

You can also add a bump decal to it to make it look more realistic. Do you know what that is or do you want to start with a simple decal for now? (don't want to push your brain too much :P )

Hello again... and now my holiday end. and i am learn a lot in two weeks now. (but english is not)

so i put my work render picture here.

so i think i am learn to use decal and images. but not how make a good "Brick wall" so i had do difrent material fo now.

in that brick material i dont get fit how i want so i let it be.. for now. but someday mayby.

thanks all who help me.. :)

post-9948-1213546494_thumb.jpg