Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

V15.0c installation trouble on Mac

seancwall

Hi folks,

I'm trying to install A:M 15.0c on my Intel MacBook running Mac OS X 10.5.3. I have the yearly subscription version. After install, when I try to open one of the tutorial projects, say, the flag tutorial, I get a message about 'Missing image IO plugin for 'BetsyRoss.bmp'. I checked the Image IO plugins folder preference and it looks okay, with the exception that the capitalization of the path was off. The path that was set ended in 'ImageIOs'. The path on install was 'ImageIOS'. So I corrected the path and restarted A:M and then I was getting 'Cannot load 'TGA.iio' or something like that. This is very odd behavior. This is a fresh install of Mac OS and a fresh install of A:M and I don't seem to be getting anywhere. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for your help!

-Sean

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don´t know about leopard, but had no problem to get a:m running in tiger... i guess you´ve already tried to re-install a:m? if the problem remains just write a short e-mail with the description of your problem to hash, normally they respond within a few days..

a hint from mac user to mac user: save your projects regularly, especially before hitting the rendering-button, a:m likes to crash sometimes you do that. ;)

hope you´ll get it running soon, have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I finally figured out the problem. I was trying to install A:M on a disk that was formatted for a case-sensitive filesystem. If you weren't aware of this, when you format a Mac drive, you can choose HFS+/case-insensitive or HFS+/case-sensitive. Apparently, A:M (and other Mac apps as well) don't really play well on a case-sensitive filesystem. FYI - both case-sensitive and non-case-sensitive options are both "case-preserving", meaning the OS will preserve the case of filenames on the drive.

So, after reformatting the drive with case-insensitive on (the only way to change the option, apparently) and re-installing A:M, everything works great.

-Sean