Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

decal question......

Glider

Simple question I'm sure but one that seems to be eluding me...:

I am extremely impressed with this software but am having an issue with decal setting onto a model. If I position the decal it sets and looks great. If i save the model for later use, the decals are gone when I re-open the model and I can't figure out why. The file name of the decal still shows in the decals folder, but the image no longer appears on the model. To use the decal in the choreography, I have to first open the model, then open a new choreography, then re-apply the decals individually and then choreograph the production. Not impossible for some simple projects, but mind numbing for the decal heavy animations...

Any advice?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate any advice. I have a feeling it's a simple fix, but here goes:

This is a simple model used to illustrate an aircraft instrument (it doesn't matter which model I load, they're all turning out with the same problem.)

The decal names are showing up in the model info, but nowhere to be seen....

new to the forum concept so I hope this model shows up!

Vor1.mdl

Tried that too... Initially I am completing the model (including decals) before I even begin the choreography. Usually, I'll chip away at the model over a few days, and when it's all done, I'll decal it. Next day, open it up and no decals showing on the model, in choreography, or when rendered to a file for viewing......

Great catch!

Worked like a charm. It also explained why it was an intermittent problem. The program I normally use to create my own decals exported it with that little glitch. The few times I used a different draw/paint utility it worked.

A very frustrating problem solved.

Thanks a bunch!!