Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Closing a "gap"

El-manchego

Hello Group.

First point here and first time using this software. I am trying to close the Points on a tail for a Fish that I modeled (see photo) but can't. Not sure if 5 points applies to this or not.

Thx in advance for the assistance.

fish_Tail.jpg

Sal

post-12042-1211909901_thumb.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, this is what I would do, assuming I understand what you are trying to accomplish.

-From Left to right (or right to left) connect the matching CP's (6 sets of CP's excluding the top and bottom CP's)

-Next select each of the added spline segments (one at a time) and press Y on the key board (this will add a CP in the middle of the Segment)

-Now connect the top CP with a Spline thru each of the new CP's and finish by connecting it to the Bottom CP.

You can then either Peak the newly added Segments or adjust the Bias t get the desired look.

If this is not making sense, let me know and I'll try and make an example for you.

Glenn

OK, this is what I would do, assuming I understand what you are trying to accomplish.

-From Left to right (or right to left) connect the matching CP's (6 sets of CP's excluding the top and bottom CP's)

-Next select each of the added spline segments (one at a time) and press Y on the key board (this will add a CP in the middle of the Segment)

-Now connect the top CP with a Spline thru each of the new CP's and finish by connecting it to the Bottom CP.

You can then either Peak the newly added Segments or adjust the Bias t get the desired look.

If this is not making sense, let me know and I'll try and make an example for you.

Glenn

Danke and Merci Glenn and Robert.

I understand the concept of what you are both showing me, I use to use Maya and C4D as a novice, but I can't find the tools in A:M to:

1) Connect the matching (opposing) CP's.

THX again.

Tschuss,

Sal

post-12042-1211914128_thumb.jpg

I understand the concept of what you are both showing me, I use to use Maya and C4D as a novice, but I can't find the tools in A:M to:

1) Connect the matching (opposing) CP's.

THX again.

Tschuss,

Sal

Never mind... I think I got it, "Arrow with the + sign" no?