Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Lip sync

I am using a model that will need to talk but it has no mouth things in the pose slider or a jaw bone. So how can I make this easy by just adding the voice and the mouth move along with it.

And also can I use the model in a movie without dealing with copyright issues if I make it look significantly different.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
I am using a model that will need to talk but it has no mouth things in the pose slider or a jaw bone. So how can I make this easy by just adding the voice and the mouth move along with it.
You'll have to add something if you want to move that mouth. Without knowing what your model looks like I think a making pose slider that does a simple mouth open would be easiest. 0% would be the original, 100% would be the mouth and jaw adjusted to be open. make keyframes with the slider to match your sound.

And also can I use the model in a movie without dealing with copyright issues if I make it look significantly different.

At the internet level, it's sort of like... do whatever you think you can get away with.

:rolleyes:

• Hash Fellow

If you search in the Help on Poses you can find quite a bit of info.

first save your model. Don't overwrite this saved version because you will want to go back to it when your first try doesn't turn out right.

-right click in the model window

-new>pose>percentage pose

-a new window will open with your model in it. a highlighted pose slider should appear in the pose sliders window , set to 100%

-switch to muscle mode animation (F7)

-carfully adust the cps around the jaw and mouth to make the mouth look open like the character is saying "ahh". You'll move some CPs more than others to get a smooth effect. Your first try will not look good.

(using a distortion box will help in making smooth adjustments. The help file does cover distortion boxes.)

-close the pose window

save the character unde a new name

now you can use that pose slider to vary how open the mouth is

that's the simplest solution i can think of without properly rigging the character.