Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Head Modeling.

Started this yesterday and finished most of the splining for the face today.

Here is a quick render. The decal applied is the reference image used to model it. Rendered with AO and one light using 1 decal and the Skin shader. No SSS because it always comes out black ...

I still need to finish modeling the lips and eyelids, and then create eyes that are non-decal. I don't like how the nose looks, and am having trouble finding good reference on how it looks from the side : \

I am going to try to make this the full thing with hair and what not so bear with :D

Comments and Crits welcome on the splinage ... If anyone sees any ways to make it more efficient please point it out, this is my 3rd complete face modeled.

Rendertest.JPG

Facewire.jpg

rendertestwire.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Different views, the lighting is altered a little as well.

The more I look at the nose I like it less and less. I am pretty sure the middle of the face is too flat, there isn't any fluency between the nose and the rest of the face.

Meganfronttest.jpg

meganrendertest.jpg

Help for your SSS render :lol:

Yeah :\

I have tried about everything to get SSS to work. No luck though. I've tried: deleting decals, deleting groups, making new groups, trying it on a plain sphere, a whole new project, a new model, you name it I've tried it.

The all patches afflicted by SSS turn out pure black though.

Help for your SSS render :lol:

That's interesting! I was always 'of the thought' that SSS needed a light behind the character to react to...

I had a hard time getting SSS to work. This is what I did to get it to work. Get all the setting set and save choreography. close down AM: and reboot AM straight to importing your saved Choreography and render again.