sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Sweeper #001 problems

My path seems to have no problems, but my sweep object is causing me fits. I remember there are some objects that sweeper does not like, but I cannot remember what exactly causes sweeper to crash AM? A simple four point patch sweeps fine, but an extruded box is crashing AM every time. I need to use sweeper to dublicate a simple box around an irregular path but so far I only get crashes, even when I delete the box and make a new one, it still crashes.

Edit: Well, I narrowed the #001 exception down to the option of using regular steps. When I don't use regular steps, it duplicates fine along the path, otherwise it crashes the program. Is this a bug I should report? Is AM reports still debugging?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a work around I just discovered:

Copy the path and object and make a new model with them. Once they are out of the original model, Sweeper works as advertised. I can only conclude that somehow the original model is causing Sweeper to crash. Maybe it's an issue with how many patches there are in the model or how many rotoscopes.