Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Support grid/parallel computing

flashawd

Hi - I am working on a project for a client and they need it in a high resolution and a little worried about rendering time to meet the deadline - and they have access to be able to log-in I guess to another computer for rendering. Have never heard of it, but they need to know if AM supports "grid/parallel computing" - has anyone ever heard of this or know. Thanks for the help on my other 4 posts today - you guys are great. ;)

Thanks,

Eric

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

First I'd make sure they know what they are talking about.

What res do they want? And why? Is this for a still or an animation?

I think the old "Eggslice" utility was able to divide up one high-res image into several different renders. If you had remote access to several computers (and got them to buy a license for each one... tell them it's only $49 per computer!) you might manage a large progect that way.

But A:M does not by itself do true parallel computing, but the multiple instance technique does well in its place. I don't know if the webrender made for TWO is publicly avaialble.

Tell them it does something better than grid computing... it does "multiple instance" computing.

Hi Robert - thanks for your reply - it is an animation they need at 1920x1080 - but it is actually rendering a lot faster than I thought it would - I have 4GB of ram... I need to have a little more faith in my computer. ;) Great idea on the multiple instance idea.