Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Stop Motion in A:M?

megsb502

I was wondering if it's possible to take several photos and import them into A:M to make a stop motion animation. Has anyone tried this?? I tried to apply them as a decal to a flat model but it didn't work because the decal option isn't available in a choreography window. Any suggestions?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have a sequence of images they can be applied as a sequence of decals on an object or on a layer as an animated sequence. Import the sequence of images (eg pic000 pic0001 pic002). in the chor right click and select new layer and pick the sequence. adjust the layer as necessary. At work so cannot post example

Isn't that also what the new NLE (non linear editor) can do? Someone did a tutorial, but I can't find it because "NLE" is too short to search for, and I can't figure out how it works.

Edit:

I found it:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29222

But it does not seem to work for single tgas, just sequences, as john says. I was hoping you could specify the length to show a single photo.

You apply a decal in the model window and then use the choreography to animate the image sequence. from memory you have to open up your advanced properties, under tools >>options.

I did an animation several years ago where I created cut-out characters using planes decalled with image sequences By animating the sequences I could change the mouth image, hands, eyes et al.

Unfortunately I lost the animation in a hard drive crash :( Always meant to revisit the technique.