sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Help needed on volumetric effects

cookey

Can anyone help me to get the turbulence working on volumetric effects in v14.0c?

If I drop a default dust volumetric into the choreography I just get a misty white sphere with no turbulence.

If I do the same in version v13t then I get turbulence within the volumetric sphere.

I saved out the project in v13 (with working turbulence) and then loaded into v14 and when I rendered the chor

there was still no turbulence on the dust, just the same white misty sphere.

I've tried re-installing version v14.0c but this makes no difference.

I've also tried adding different turbulence types to the dust object but nothing seems to work.

Help please anyone...

Thanks ..Cookey

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This probably does not help you, as I am not using v14, although I would have thought v15 would have a problem there if v14 has.

I created a new chor in v13 and v15. I dragged thom into it. I right clicked and clicked New > Volumetric > Dust.

This is my result in v13:

post-9673-1206402850.jpg

And in v15:

post-9673-1206402856.jpg

They both appear to have the same turbulence applied.

What results are you getting? Are you right clicking and choosing New > Volumetric > Dust?

In v13 I get the results as shown in your jpg pics. In v14 I get no turbulence. In v15beta I get the turbulence as shown in your jpg.

I could use v15beta but it keeps timing out saying "trial period expired" and I have to keep re-installing it to make it work again with

the timelock.exe file. The pics below show my results in v13,14 and 15beta. The same procedure was used to add the dust in all 3

versions (i.e right click/add new volumetric/dust). I guess there must be a bug in v14.

Result in v13

post-11269-1206452286_thumb.jpg

Result in v14

post-11269-1206452300_thumb.jpg

Result in v15beta

post-11269-1206452314_thumb.jpg

I've attached the images as well just in case they dont show up here.

Many thanks ....Cookey