Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Error #004. Loading

Sprout

Hi

I have a project file with several models in it. Something went wrong with one of the models in it and now every time I try to open the file I get a "error #004. loading" message followed by "exception #001" message and then A:M shuts down. I have no backup of the file (hopefully this is the last time I will make that mistake) from before the preblem started. I am not happy at the prospect of losing everything in this project file as it is for an animated children's story that is already running behind (yikes!!). I hope I don't have to start again!!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

It's possible you could recover some parts of it with a text editor, but you'd have to know what to look for. You could post it here and someone might try it. No guarantees.

But really... you have an important project and never saved previous versions or a backup? Ouch.

unlikely possibility... drag the .prj into A:M rather than "opening" it via the menu.

I would try the following:

!!!- BACKUP YOU FILE BEFORE YOU EDIT IT! -!!!

Open the file in Animation:Master and have a look when it comes to the error. Which model is loading? If you can determine that, you can than go to the text-editor and delete the model, so that you only have to remodel one model, not everything else again.

If you can see some irregularities on the file or a model itself (for example strange characters or so) you can although try to only delete this irregularities (or maybe the whole line it is in).

That would for example force you to re-add a spline or two, but that wouldnt mean much.

If you are not able to solve the problem like that, please post the prj here. We will have a look at it, even so we are not some kind of wizards we may see something you didnt notice.

For the next time:

ALWAYS save in different versions/files. It can happen from time to time that something wents wrong (doesnt matter if you are in a 3d-program or anything else).

There is although a autosave-plugin from Steffen Gross -> can be found here. Even with this plugin, I would recommend to save in different versions from time to time manually. You never know.

*Fuchur*

It's possible you could recover some parts of it with a text editor, but you'd have to know what to look for. You could post it here and someone might try it. No guarantees.

But really... you have an important project and never saved previous versions or a backup? Ouch.

unlikely possibility... drag the .prj into A:M rather than "opening" it via the menu.

Thanks for the help. I can't believe I didn't have a back up. I just got building and excited and didn't think of it! Crazy!

Thanks again

Toni

I would try the following:

!!!- BACKUP YOU FILE BEFORE YOU EDIT IT! -!!!

Open the file in Animation:Master and have a look when it comes to the error. Which model is loading? If you can determine that, you can than go to the text-editor and delete the model, so that you only have to remodel one model, not everything else again.

If you can see some irregularities on the file or a model itself (for example strange characters or so) you can although try to only delete this irregularities (or maybe the whole line it is in).

That would for example force you to re-add a spline or two, but that wouldnt mean much.

If you are not able to solve the problem like that, please post the prj here. We will have a look at it, even so we are not some kind of wizards we may see something you didnt notice.

For the next time:

ALWAYS save in different versions/files. It can happen from time to time that something wents wrong (doesnt matter if you are in a 3d-program or anything else).

There is although a autosave-plugin from Steffen Gross -> can be found here. Even with this plugin, I would recommend to save in different versions from time to time manually. You never know.

*Fuchur*

Thank you for the help. Lesson learned the hard way. I haven't worked in 3D for many years and I forgot how disastrous it could be when something goes wrong! Ouch

Toni