Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Newton Physics

• *A:M User*

I have been setting up a scene for my logo animation. In part of the scene the main character will throw an object into a cup. There will be other objects in the cup and I want them to bounce around inside the cup. I am not getting Newton Physics at all. I have seen others accomplish some neat things. I have d/l the pdf tutorial and can not get it to apply to what I am wanting to do. Any help?

Steve

Here is a shot of the room

roomshotsatba0.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a thought..........I find the problem is either one of scale, or often one object passing through the other, just being slightly deflected.To avoid this,make the cup double layered so the dynamic object wont pass through it.

Then,for throwing a ball in a cup,I would

Set up the shot in a new .cho file - you probably dont need all the props in this scene for the shot.When your happy, place the object thats being thrown in its starting position. Then advance the time slider to frame 5 and place the object nearer its target

This establishes a starting trajectory and velocity. You may need to mess around with these positions once youve run the first test(You dont need the second key frame if the object is just falling, or if theres another force acting on it)

Select the Ball object in the PWS, and expand Plugin Properties/Newton Dynamics/Use in simulation = ON.

Then Use as DynamicSphereobject.If you are using more than on sphere, set them the same

Select the cup object in the PWS, and expand Plugin Properties/Newton Dynamics/Use in simulation = ON.Then Use as Static Object

Save the project, because then you can reload it and change the initial velocities when you find they are wrong.

Then r click in the cho window and simulate

Hope this helps,

Chris

newton.mov

newton2.zip

• *A:M User*

Excellent. Thanks Chris. Holmes, I will post something tonight. The cup is double layed and what happens the cup simply drops through the table and down to the floor. I am going to throw another brush into the cup and the have the other brushes move around. Hope fully this will get me started.

Steve