Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Weird bones in action

I added a skeleton to my ninja and everything looks great, but when i put it in an action one of the legs is raised. it also is affecting how it animates. I would greatly appreiciate it if some on would take a look at it and try to help. Here it is.

Thanks,

MasterFunk

Ninja.mdl

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's the Balance pose. If you set it to 0% in the model, then he doesn't raise his leg. To change it you right click on that pose>edit pose, then you can bring his leg down in there. (Though there's something wrong with the rig installation/rig as when you move his leg down, his other leg goes up.....looks like his left ankle null controls a bone scale in the right leg.)

It's not the balance pose that is causing the problem. You have a problem in the smartskin.

Turn off IK legs to do the smartskin and you won't get the reference to the foot, which IS causing the problem.

Thanks, now the smartskin works. However now when i make a new action my model's foot gets distorted and extends endlessly into space. Now i can't even animate the left foot. Here is an updated model. Thanks for the help

Ninja.mdl

In the left hand smartskin, delete the bone reference to the left bicep and the left forearm.

In the left thigh smartskin, delete the bone reference to the left calf and the left foot.

thanks a lot that fixed everything. :D