Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Simbiont Materials Plug-in

flashawd

Hi - I have been seaching the forum for materials trying to learn more about them. I see the following darksim link

http://www.darksim.com/html/simbiontam.html

How does this work - it says the Simbiont Plug-in is already in version 13... and up I am guessing.

I just upgraded to the latest version - how do I know if I have the plug-in.

Also, are the free materials they have on on the site applied like you would a regular material?

Someone help me see the light, was a little iffy about downloading the plug-in, didn't know if it was just for an older version ;)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

A quick way to check to see if your Darktree Simbiont plugin is installed is to look in your v15 folder. If you see a folder named 'Darktree' then you should be good to go. Of course just because you have a folder doesn't mean the plugin will work. So...

To access your Darktrees you use the same method as accessing other material plugins.

Right Click on a new material's attribute node and drill down to the plugin menu.

There you will find your DTSimbiont plugin.

DarktreeSimbiont.jpg

AccessingDarktreeSimbiontMaterials.jpg

Hi Rodney - that was funny - it was like Christmas when I was a kid. I woke up at 2:30 am worked for a couple of hours - posted my question - went back to sleep for a couple of hours - woke up again and there was the answer. ;) It worked perfect, thank you for taking the time to go through it for me - I very much apprecite it. - Eric

• Admin

I'm glad it helped. :)

As you find time post the results from your Darktree related work or point others to this topic if they have questions.

That way we can all benefit from use of Darktee Simbiont materials even more.

We have a lot of valuable resources available to us.

Good luck with your project!