Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

TWO questions from a newbie.

opifex

Greetings all!

While I have puttered around with A:M since 2000 I haven't really done anything other than some interesting stills but my real interest is animation. So here are my questions:

1. Is the A:M 'school' where you upload your progress through the tutorials and have them graded still in effect or am I too late?

2. The TWO project was begun in 2005 as a three year project so I assume it must be in its final stages. Considering the fact that I still must go through the A:M tutorials and that I hold down a full time job is it too late for me to hope to contribute to this project?

Finally, a side note: I noted somewhere that there was still some texturing work to be done for the TWO project. I don't know if this means that the textures need to be created or placed upon models; if it means texture creation I am somewhat adept with Darktree 2.5 and would be happy to create some textures for submission if that would be any help.

Cheers!

-opifex

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Not sure. Where is this? I believe Hash have a syllabus for teaching AM in schools.

2) TWO is almost done. Just clean up and rendering left. You can contribute by rendering over the net with webrender. But watch this space for a new project to learn on.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30298

• Admin
1. Is the A:M 'school' where you upload your progress through the tutorials and have them graded still in effect or am I too late?

That'd be TaoA:M and it is still very much in effect!

While participation in the TWO movie is mostly limited to rendering at this point graduating from TaoA:M is the first best way to let Dr. Martin Hash know you are interested in participating in future projects.

Ken hints at one already in the works! ;)

Now is a great time to work through TaoA:M as we will be digging as deep as you need us to go.

You can find more information or get started with TaoA:M here.

There is additional curriculum related to TWO available through Hash Inc and individual schools (TWO University). You should see more of that in the future too.

Thank you both very much!

I am sorry I missed out on the TWO project but look forward to being in position to assist with the next one.

Thank you Rodney for the link to TaoA:M. I will dedicate all the time I have available to progressing along. I have so many films I would like to make and what better way than to get a solid framework and participation in the next A:M community film!

Best wishes,

-opifex

About "grading" your work - no such thing here. The emphasis is not on how well or poorly you did this time, but on helping you advance. The coolest thing about this forum is that everybody is rooting for you; there's a complete absence of the kind of professional jealousy and turf wars you find elsewhere.