Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

no models, etc. after install

sb4

I'm probably missing something obvious.

I have a downloaded file called "AM2005.exe" that I downloaded years ago. It is apparently the installer for AM version 11.1b (which it announces on startup). It is the latest version I have been able to use with my original AM Orangutan CD.

I'm installing on Windows XP Media Center on an HP a1600n computer.

It does install and successfully start up. However, there are no models, choreographies, actions, images, etc. in any of the libraries. The library droplist includes:

All Libraries

Hash Installed Library

My Library

Under the "Hash Installed Library", in the Tutorials tab, there are two tutorials:

Chorus Line

You are the director

Can anyone give me a clue as to why I'm missing the default models, etc?

Note: Before installing V11.1b, I did try installing some other downloaded versions to see if they would work with my Orangutan CD. I did uninstall them each time before installing the next version.

Note2: I'm still interested in finding out what is the latest update that should work with Orangutan.

Thanks,

SB

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Not sure about the Orangutan release.

When you install the 2005.exe/update there should be an option to copy all of your support files (models, libraries etc.) from the CD to your harddrive. Its fairly easy to miss if you are trying to install quickly so take your time and read the menus.

Check the option to install all of the support files and the next time you start A:M the files should be there.

If you still cannot see your Libraries there are several topics here in the Newbies forum that walk you through the process of connecting. Just read the topics and you are sure to find several.

I liked the discussions, even rants, because they often raise important issues that can lead to improvements in the software. When I saw the complaints were gone, I worried that the product was stagnating ...

The irony of this thread makes my brain numb.

My stupid, I think.

The models are in "Hash CD Library" which somehow has appeared as a fourth library in both installations (there were only three libraries originally in 10.5) so I can now see models in both versions.

Sorry for the long tale.

-SB

I liked the discussions, even rants, because they often raise important issues that can lead to improvements in the software. When I saw the complaints were gone, I worried that the product was stagnating ...

The irony of this thread makes my brain numb.

Yes I'm stupid although you missed the point - that failing companies lock/censor forums so they can unload product.

you missed the point - that failing companies lock/censor forums so they can unload product.

No, you missed the point... Look up the word "irony."

Let's see, as I recall, the original poster of the thread you quoted me on was saying he liked the old site interface which also had more gripes and bug discussions by members on it. Having returned to the Hash site after several years away, I had a similar feeling and initially was worried that the absence of bug reports, etc. might indicate the company was not doing well and was hiding stuff that would be bad for PR. But I also said after digging more into the forums, it looked like the product was alive and well. That's all. Seems rational to me, but I guess the phrase you took out of context could seem logically inverted. Of course that wouldn't be irony anyway, so maybe you were referring to something else that escapes me -- although I don't know what your comment had to do with this thread anyway.

... I worried that the product was stagnating ...

You worry about the product "stagnating" but you use a 4 year old version!

... failing companies lock/censor forums so they can unload product.

You worry about the company "failing" but you use a 4 year old version! And expect support!

Shameless.

• Admin

I know everyone is having fun here but probably best to move on to more productive subjects? ;)

Hopefully everyone is finding the files they need.

It should be noted that anyone that isn't using v15 has a built in disadvantage and will always be a step or two behind those with current subscriptions. That isn't anything that really needs to be debated. Thats reality. The nature of the beast.

If I could buy everyone the upgrade I certainly would.

I know everyone is having fun here but probably best to move on to more productive subjects? ;)

Hopefully everyone is finding the files they need.

It should be noted that anyone that isn't using v15 has a built in disadvantage and will always be a step or two behind those with current subscriptions. That isn't anything that really needs to be debated. Thats reality. The nature of the beast.

If I could buy everyone the upgrade I certainly would.

Yes I have an old version which cost me a few hundred dollars but I never had time to really use it, so I thought I'd give it another try, since it is probably pretty powerful for the features it has. If I can get a project going, I'll no doubt want to upgrade. But I can understand that no one would be interested in answering questions about such an old version so I'll work with the online help, etc. Thanks.

-SB

... I can understand that no one would be interested in answering questions about such an old version so I'll work with the online help, etc.

I'll help answer your questions - just pony up and get current. It's the courteous thing to do, otherwise it seems as if you want me to work so that you can save a measley $50.

• Admin
But I can understand that no one would be interested in answering questions about such an old version

Not true! Many A:M users are quite happy helping anyone no matter what their version might be.

Just understand that you are sure to get a few people suggesting an update is the reasonable thing to do.

As this is also Hash Inc's forum it would be a rare day indeed to see someone suggest that you not upgrade. ;)

Thanks for understanding.

One of the reasons I suggested moving on from this topic is that while Whisky is right in many ways its not proper to beat that dead horse here in the Newbies forum. Life will be easier if you upgrade but there is no requirement to do so.

The Newbies forum is a place people can explore A:M before, during and after updating.

beat that dead horse

just pony up

I feel a bit odd in this topic, because my pony is called Whiskey :D.

And I'm happy to help if I can, but sometimes it can be difficult for people to help when they are using a newer version, as occasionally things work differently.

About upgrading though, the best thing is getting my DVD drive back