Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

hair system

DJBREIT

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found that there seems to be very limited tools for the hair system. I was hoping someone had made some additional tools or plug in’s stuff like

Being able to draw a line and extend all selected hair elements to that line or trim it to the line. A tool that allow you to grab a set of cp’s “ any cp in the hair element “and drag them to a position instead of one at a time. So you can make pony tails pig tails or other hair styles. Something to tie the hair so you can add a bow, clips or ribbon. And any other tools you can think of. I am looking at twenty or more model to make over the next couple of mouths. And my hand is numb after five hours of pushing around a mouse moving one cp at a time. The brush is the only help for moving around more then one cp at a time.

(Yes I know there is a joke in there lets not go there)

I am not an expert with hair but I believe there are easier ways to make "pony tails" using single long "hair splines". You have one or three long hair splines that represent multiple hairs. Then you can control the twist and direction of the "pony tail". Like I said, I have not used this technique, I have only seen it in tutorials and examples on the forum.

You can also control hair length, direction and density using texture maps. The values in the maps define those properties and you can still add in variations with the other hair tools. Use the maps to get a rough hair set up and then tweak it.

I used maps for this hair example a long time ago. I'm out of practice. ;)

The color, length, direction, density are controlled with decals. I then went in and tweaked with the brush and tools.

http://www.vernsworld.com/enchanted_forest/larry_roar2.mov

-vern

Thank's guy's but I already know about the work around, tutorial and the decal system. :)

But I think the lack of the right anser means there is no additional tools or plug-in for the hair system. :(

Can someone direct me to the “add feature to A:M software” section. I would like to add some new tools request to the wish list. And maybe One day they may get around to my request.