Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animating

AMkyle

OK this is kind of hard to explain with out an aimated example but when i animate i dont know how to make something to start move from a certain frame.

For example. say im animating a guy jumping. when i get to frame 5:00 or so i start to make him go up into the air but when i do this he starts going up into te air slowly from frame 0 instead of a few frames befor 5:00. i dont know how to make it so i doesnt do this?? is there a certain button or mode to make the movement start from a certain frame instead of from the beginning.

Also what is the button force key frame can any of you give me what it does and how to use it etc??

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Kyle,

You really should work your way through the manual here in the forum.

The feedback you get will be well worth the time you invest.

Others have been exactly where you have been and they've posted their experiences to help you.

Working through TaoA:M gives everyone a reference point from which to work with.

As you post there in the TaoA:M exercises people will help you get through the rough spots.

Also, you may not know of the video tutorials that go with the manual.

Have you went through all of the video tutorials here:

http://www.hash.com/2007web/vm.htm

Of particular interest to you with regard to your question about setting keyframes you may find the very last video tutorial on that page of interest.

Its called 'Path Ease (walk, then wave)' and it isn't included in the manual.

There use to be some additional Keyframing suggestions in the ABC forum but I think that disappeared with the recent forum archiving.

If anyone has links to those perhaps they can post them.

To answer your question though:

Also what is the button force key frame can any of you give me what it does and how to use it etc??

From the Technical Reference (page 251) and 'Exercise 6: The Door's Stuck':

ForceKeyframe.jpg

TaoAM_ForceKeyframe.jpg

• Hash Fellow

short answer... key needs to be keyd once at the beginning of when he's standing still, again at the end of when he's standing still, and then you can animate him jumping.

Someone made a tut on key framing around here.