Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

NLE problem on v15.0?

Ramón López

HI! Now that I have my v15.0 Subscription :) , it seems that I have found new energies (or I think so...) to continue with Animation:Master after some weeks of... rest?

So (of course) the first thing I have wanted to try is that NLE posibilities but it seems that any video file I treat to import is consider as a static image, I mean, one frame... and I have tried with several video files and changing all that timing parameters into the Rotoscope property, so... I don't know if something is broke or if I am really missing something weird... but I remember that in some v15 Beta I was able to import a video file, drag it into a Camera placed in a Choreography and can play it with any problem...

And well, as I like to be as sure as possible before Report something, I have a little question: some of you have been experimenting something like this in your v15.0 Web subscription versions? THANKS & GREETINGS!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

There are two primary things to check when importing sequential images:

1) Naming Convention

The filenames need to be sequential or else the import will terminate prematurely.

For example, if a sequence is as follows:

filename.jpg

filename01.jpg

filename03.jpg

You will only get the first file imported.

If the second first filename was 'filename00.jpg' you'd get two images but the sequence would stop as there is no 'filename02.jpg'.

Are you with me so far?

Its generally best to stick with something simple to ensure A:M and other programs recognize the sequence.

I like naming things 'filename000.jpg' as then A:M will fill the sequence for me up to 1000 images sequentially.

Okay, maybe thats not your problem.

Another thing to check is that you are telling A:M to import an image sequence.

If you just choose 'Import Image' without checking the box that specifies you want sequential images you will get only one image.

Both of these two aren't your problem?

With A:M's NLE settings you generally will need to set an image frame.

You can find this under the Timing settings.

Select a frame number at frame 1 then move to the end of your animation and set another.

If you aren't sure how many frames are in your animation you can check several different ways OR you can just scroll the frame number up until you get to the last frame. Watch closely as the image will repeat same after you've reached the last image.

This third area seems to be your likely problem but there may be others.

Different size images for instance can terminate a sequence.

Please let us know if any of these are related to your problem as I'm sure others will have similar questions.

Ey! Thank you for the replies :), and yeah I was trying to import *.mov files but finally it seems that all could be due to codec issues cause I have REcompressed right now one of that videos and it seems to works fine, I must to make more tests to be totally sure cause is a bit rare that all that videos failed in the same way but at least I've been able to play with this new GREAT feature and I only can say one thing... I LOVE THAT Frame* OPTION!!! :D :D :D

* That which it's possible to Re-time the videos in that lovely way... :)

...oOops! It seems I talked too much soon... Well, it seems that "Frame" feature only works to me in the realtime preview cause when I treat to export it I get the same video as I still has, I mean, no time changes :( ...And I'm experimenting some visualization problems (totally white videos, i.e) and exceptions playing with the time of my *.mov's... Well, as I said I'll continue experimenting to see what more I can get but it seems like if the the first steps be resulting a little bugy... hmmm... maybe the problem could be that I'm using video files intead images? But... I shouldn't be a problem for an NLE feature, isn't??? Well, I'll try to play with some image sequence to see the difference and can get some conclusions... BYE!