sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Dusted off A.M.

PaulX

Hello all,

I recently found my old A.M. 8.5 CD and manual and after much hesitation because I remember A.M. as being somewhat addictive, decided the give it a final whirl in the computer before making a donation to a Salvation Army charity sale. Mistake and here I am again but it struck me that AM might be used to create visual works combining traditional art and CG.

About me includes that I am a 'middle-aged white male', I live down-under in Australia in the hills west of Sydney, I earn a living painting murals and have a degree in communications recently obtained having nothing much to do these past few years. Look forward to sharing my born-again experience with all.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Hello all,

I recently found my old A.M. 8.5 CD and manual and after much hesitation because I remember A.M. as being somewhat addictive, decided the give it a final whirl in the computer before making a donation to a Salvation Army charity sale. Mistake and here I am again but it struck me that AM might be used to create visual works combining traditional art and CG.

Welcome back! You should get a look at the things Nancy Gormezzano has done combining traditional art and CG.

Definitely download the last verison of 8.5 to use with your 8.5 CD.

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/

8.5 may have trouble with newer OS's since it was released, not sure.

• Admin

Welcome back!

A:M v8.5 might work fairly well under Vista but... there are some basic (and important) improvements to A:M that you'd be missing out on. For instance, the ability to stitch splines together is invaluable! The old way I could never go back to.

You are dusting A:M off at the right time.

$49 will get you upgraded to 2008! :)

I echo Roberts suggestion. Study Nancy Gormezano. (Heck... someone needs to watch her carefully!) ;)

And look around the forums and A:M Stills for more inspiration.

There is considerable talent on display here.

Welcome back!

A:M v8.5 might work fairly well under Vista but... there are some basic (and important) improvements to A:M that you'd be missing out on. For instance, the ability to stitch splines together is invaluable! The old way I could never go back to.

You are dusting A:M off at the right time.

$49 will get you upgraded to 2008! :)

I echo Roberts suggestion. Study Nancy Gormezano. (Heck... someone needs to watch her carefully!) ;)

And look around the forums and A:M Stills for more inspiration.

There is considerable talent on display here.

Thanks guys and had a look at Nancy's work in the stills gallery - pretty impressive!

Cheers