Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Action-Question

Fuchur

Hi!

I have a question. I want to use several actions in one choreo on one model.

I have got two pathes. One for the character to walk into the scene, and one to walk out.

I although have got a walkcycle with stridelength...

Inbetween there are other actions to keep the real animation in.

The walk in and the animation itself worked nicely. Now I want to let the character walk out of the scene...

I gave the character a constraint to the path and now I want to make the walkcycle action active.

But the action isnt available... It is there, I can click on the part where it should be and see the selection-frame, but I cant see the red bar which indicates the length of the walkcycle-action anymore and the action isnt effecting the animation.

Can someone help me?

See the image for further informations:

action_problem.gif

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen this too. I think it happened when an action was given a stride length when it didn't have it originally. I also think it was resolved by deleting the action and re-dropping it onto the character.

Hm, it seems as A:M doesnt know, that I want to use the second path for the action.

I moved the action around as you said and it is visible when I throw it to the time when the first path-constraint is active. But the second one is not recognized.

Any tipps?

*Fuchur*

Are you trying to constrain a model to 2 paths? If you are, I never got that to work. A better way would be to copy the same model and constrain the second model to the second path and just turn off the first one.

Example:

Shorcut to model is constrained to path_1 (this copy of the model plays out all the actions for the first path).

Shortcut to model(2) is constrained to path_2 (this copy of model plays out all the actions for the second path).

Actually, it works with a single path object of 2 separate splines too (as in my sample prj file).

Set the "active" option to off for the second model that's constrained to the second path.

Set your ease to where you want the action(s) for each copy of the model to play out on the paths

Then you just set active to on on the second model that is playing out the actions on the second path and set active off for the first model.

Here's a project example

2_paths_set_up.prj

Hope this helps,

George

The depressing thing is: I can constraint the object to the second path and it even works... the character flows on the second path like it should, but it doesnt work with the second walk-cycle... maybe I should write a report on A:M Reports.

Anyway, thank you for the workaround. That helps...

See you

*Fuchur*