Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Commericals - For a newer upcoming business

Jentham2000

Hi Everyone,

I own an online company with national exposure and I am trying to grow my business. My website is http://www.EZMLSListing.com

Typically, I get about 50-100 hits per day.

I am wondering if anyone would be intersted in submitting a themed 15 or 30 second TV commercial that I could post on my website and possibly Air in the future.

As a newbie, my skills will take time, so I was thinking that I could provide the exposure and include the Artist's contact information and a link to their website in exchange for a TV Commerical that someone submits.

There would be NO exchange of Money, it would just be a way of one hand washing the other. I would gain the TV Commmecial, the Artist would gain exposure and links to their websites.

Is this something anyone would be interested in? Also, if this is not a feasible idea, please let me know that as well.

Thanks, Bob

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be opposed to it, however, at this time there is NO way to track that kind of thing. It's very likely, today's customers probably began thier search 6 months ago. It's very commmon for a customer to visit 6 or 7 times before they place an order or they coe to us via a referral.

ok, thanks, I understand.

As a newbie, I wasn't sure how long it would take to create a spot with thier established models. I thought it would just be a question of animating them. I thought the free exposure and links would be a good trade especially if they picked up new business.

I guess I still don't realize how much work is involved.

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone know what a reasonable fee and time frame would be for something like this?

1. Established Rigged Model, Props, and a Wav File - Need to animate the character, lipsynch, add props, and a simple background. The idea is that the Model would be speaking in the foreground, with the props in the back and on thier sides. During the speech, I would like to cut to a coouple of diferent camera angles to make the speech interesting. The Wav file is 30 seconds long.

Thanks, Bob

You say your web site has national exposure? Do you get money out of it? If you are "selling" something and you make money from a "purchase" and a "commercial" will help with that then there IS some money to be shared along WITH the "exposure" gained by the artist. You don't need any "tracking" to pay something. Actually, How many people interested in your site would need an animator? Someone wanting "exposure" would be better off putting their work on youtube or a similar site geared to promoting CONTENT. Much larger audience and a larger potential for feedback plus total control over what the artist is creating.

I create banner ads using gifs or flash and even the tiny, short animations make me a few hundred bucks. And those clients CAN track the click throughs to determine if the ad is working. So the commercial you want only appears on your web site? You are advertising... for a site... on the same site you are advertising? You aren't going to advertise in other places? You may want to spend a little bit of money and create ads to be placed on other sites. Or offer another similar site a reciprocal link.

Well... at least you got your web site listed here. ;)

-vern

No, that was not the intention.

As I mentioned in the first post, it was a way of one hand washing the other. You know, you help me and I help you. I merely asked if someone was interested in helping me with the commercial using thier established models, and I provide the advertising sayng if you like our commercial here is the Artist who made it. It seems upfront, honest, and straight forward to me.

I was also thinking that if someone could create a commercial realtively quickly, similar to the 11 second club. Instead of only the winner winning a critique of thier animation, then someone who may not be the winner might be interested in the exposure and potential jobs from either my visitors who also own busiensses and need a commercial or a larger job from us as we grow to a larger corporation.

In the first post I also said, "if this is not a feasible idea, please let me know that as well."

I apologize Jentham2000.

I shouldn't have been so antagonistic. You just have to realize that on forums like this we see so many "do something for a t-shirt or credit" posts that some of us get jaded and start to lump them all into the same category. As you may already realize even as a new user animation isn't easy.

On another software forum I am a member of we are so much more harsh and sarcastic towards these types of posts I think we actually make some people cry (we hope so anyway). ;)

Keep in mind that "I am negative, apparently hate Apple and I talk too much." ;) (See my post in "off topic").

--------

p.s. You may want to look at the construction of your web site. Several text areas and images overlap on the home page and interfere with reading. There are some spacing issues on sub pages but not as bad. This is a problem with FireFox, Netscape and Safari (those are the only ones I tested it with besides IE which looks perfectly okay). It is probably inconsistency in CSS display on different browsers. Or possibly some IE exclusive tags that comes from using Front Page. You set "leftmargin=60" (IE only) and "marginwidth=0" which is for everything else. So you aren't getting any margin spacing on other browsers besides IE. If you don't care about other browsers then I wouldn't worry about. Just an FYI. It's what I do so I notice these things.

-vern

Thanks Heyvern, I appreciate your apology and honesty. There was no malice intended with my posting.....

Thanks for your input on my webpage. This was my first time writing a webpage. So should they both be set to "60"

"marginwidth=60"

"leftmargin=60"

Thanks again, Bob