sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Frame rate, particles and motion blur

Rampage0007

OK, so I am rendering a scene where one actor shoots at another actor. I have bullet/laser model that emits particles, and motion blur turned on. My animation is rendered and plays at 30 frames per second.

...with me so far?

Because my bullet travels fast, at 30 frames per second it is only in frame for say, maybe two frames. Problem is animation Master is only calculating its motion blur and particles at 30 frames per second, so the bullet only emits particle at the two points in space it appears in frame. Is there any way to have animation Master calculate the particles and motion blur at say... 120 frames per second, with out actually rendering 120 frames per second. I still want my video to only be 30 frames per second.

Is my only option to ACTUALLY render 120 frames per second, and then only keep every 4th frame, or is there an option to have it just do the math??

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm... I was going to do a test, but it appears that this problem was resolved in A:M 2007. You're only $99 away from having your problem fixed.

post-7957-1193103647_thumb.jpg

I just check, and they did this in A:M 2006 as well. What version of the software are you using? You may just have to increase the particle count.

MattWBradbury, please explain what you are showing me in that image. I am running 2005, but I dont see where in that screen grab it offers a solution.

Just to clarify, if a particle emitting model is at coordinate X on frame 00:00, and coordinate Y on frame 00:01, A:M is only going to emit particles at coordinates X and Y. But, realistically there should be particles emitted between X and Y, as the model would have traveled from X to Y between frame 00:00 and 00:01 in reality.

In that screen cap you can see Matt's got a bullet object emitting particles, and moving at 65000 cm per second. The particle stream is a line of white dots along the spline he moved the bullet on.

That I see, but is that a .cho that is rendering at 1 frame per second? Otherwise it did not really answer my question as that particle trail had all the way to the 01:00 to be left? Unless your saying the bullet was on 65000 mark on one frame, and at the 0 mark on the VERY next frame???

There are only 30 frames. There would have to have been over ten thousand steps between 1 frame for me to get the same results. A:M now emits between frames correctly. That is in the standard choreography window, which is why you can see the camera and orange klieg light on the right. That white line you see are the emitted particles.