Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

eye rigging

sir fen the usa

i know you all must know this stuff like the back of your hand but i cant for the life of me figure out or find a tut on making a target bone / null to control the eyes / pupils. can someone direct me to the instructions on this?

thanks

ps: i looked through the book maybe im missing something....

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i know you all must know this stuff like the back of your hand but i cant for the life of me figure out or find a tut on making a target bone / null to control the eyes / pupils. can someone direct me to the instructions on this?

thanks

ps: i looked through the book maybe im missing something....

Putting an "Aim at" constraint on the eye bone with the target being a null in front of the eye will get the eye aiming done. Make an on/off Pose, in that Pose apply the "Aim at" constraint.

For the pupils, I just use muscle movement in a percentage Pose. Make a percentage Pose, in that Pose at 100% go into Muscle Mode (F7), select the spline ring that defines the pupil and scale it.

I made a face rigging tutorial a couple of years ago that might help...it's here.

Hope that helps.