Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Choreography tips

Rooky Animator

I need help with a choreography. I get tired of always moving the one camera around, then I heard that you can put in more than one cameras. Just one problem, I can't get the other cameras views to fit onto one scene! If anybody out there knows how to control more than one camera, there's a 14 year old kid who needs your knowledge!! :blink:

Thanks!

Rooky Animator

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the method for this would be to turn the camera's ON and OFF at the desired time...the on/off can be set in each camry's properties box.

You DO know about the 4 and 6 (side views) and 2-8 (front, rear) and 5-0 (top, bottom) view keys...right?

You render "FRAME RANGE" from each camera and edit the clips together afterwards.

To make one camera render the whole sequence as an .avi from A:M, you would have to have one master camera that is constrained to all of the others with TRANSLATE TWO and ORIENT LIKE contraints, with the ENFORCEMENT percentage set to 0 on all cameras except the one you want to be filming (the Enforcement for it should be 100%). That way your master camera will jump to each position for your cuts.

Yes, follow Will's advice (always a good idea) as I think I misinformed you... another way would be to copy paste the positions for each camera and set the keyframes to 'hold'... that way your 1 main camera would jump from position to position...with no constraints involved.

Yes, follow Will's advice (always a good idea) as I think I misinformed you... another way would be to copy paste the positions for each camera and set the keyframes to 'hold'... that way your 1 main camera would jump from position to position...with no constraints involved.

That sounds like a good idea John. I'll experiment with yours and Will's ideas.

Amen to John's suggestion. I write the XYZ and Rotation figures down for each camera after setting their positions. At the proper keyframe, when it's time to look through Camera_02, just enter the XYZ co-ordinates on Camera_01's Properties and it will seamlessly jump to the new position. When starting the animation, turn off everything except your starting#1 camera. All editing will be done in the animation.