sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

rear-facing splines

phatso

Before I suggest adding these features, I better poll the forum to see if A:M already has them. There are so many I haven't stumbled across yet...

1. One of those "other" programs (maybe more than one) has what would, in A:M, be two-sided splines, with different colors, so in wireframe you can tell which side you're viewing a spline from. Makes it easier to figure out what you're doing.

2. Is there a way to set shaded wireframe so the patches are translucent? One can adjust the surface properties, but a preset for convenience in modelling would be handy.

3. Along the same lines: 2-color patches. Again, I know this can be done, but as a preset for convenience in modelling...

4. Is there a way to do stereo in the modelling window? I would use it 100% of the time if I had it.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) You can go into shaded mode in the options and in there there's an option called "show back face patches". If you set that to off, if the patches are flipped the wrong way, they'll be transparent. Just look for the holes to find a flipped patch.

2) Nothing built in. But it's easy to make. Just make a material and set it's attributes transparency property to what you like and then you can just drop it onto your model to make it transparent. I just press the 8 key on my keyboard.

3) Same as number 2), but you won't see anything in realtime.

4) I don't understand. You mean stereolithography? The 3D illusion thing? I don't think so. But it would be a fun way to model.

thanks ken, those are easier ways than what I had in mind.

by stereo I mean red/blue glasses. when model making there are times when I have a real problem visualizing the geometry, especially in wireframe.

This is not possible till now, even so it would be cool... I dont know if it can be done by OpenGL or Direct3d, but if, it would be cool.

For now you will have to use Shaded-mode or shaded-wire or (like I most often prefer) wireframe... Yes it is sometimes a bit tricky to see the geometry and imagine in right, but that is only a thing to learn.

*Fuchur*