Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Newest release ???

IvanTheKivan

Hi everyone, I am from Serbia and I can't find AM here in my country to buy. That is very annoying. Never mind I' ll buy it on the net, but my question is what is the newest AM release. Is it Animation Master 2007 ? Because if I ma gonna spent 300 bucks on it, I need to know what to buy, and what is the most "fresh release" :)

Thank you

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest stable version is v13t...which can be run using the 2006 (Yeti) disk or the 2007 (Oz) disk. v14 is in beta, but should be considered a stable release very soon. With the 2007 disk you will be able to run v14 and any version of v14 that comes out in 2007 (and v13 as well).

Hope that helps, Nikodim.

Hi Ivan,

Yes, AM 2007 is the current release which will give you version 13.0 and 14.0 with updates until the end of 2007. You are probably best off to purchase it from the hash site to ensure this is the version you are getting.

Paula

Hi Ivan,

Yes, AM 2007 is the current release which will give you version 13.0 and 14.0 with updates until the end of 2007. You are probably best off to purchase it from the hash site to ensure this is the version you are getting.

Paula

The CD will give you the update-rights for about one year. since the CD is out (not when you buy it).

So with the 2007-CD (Oz-CD) you will be able to update till something like february or march 2008. Most likely Hash will give you the oportunity to use the Alpha-versions of A:M 2008 too. (After that you will have to upgrade to a new CD for 99 Dollars).

*Fuchur*

Thank all of you on your answers. I did not mention that I using Windows XP. Because I see that lot of you running AM on Mac.

I have some silly questions but forgive me I am new here :)

1. What OZ means or Yeti ? Is that what AM box illustrations are ?

2. What are v13 or v14 ? Is that some kind of updates for AM or FULL releases marks ?

3. Can I import some 2D picture, 3D background or 3D models from other 3D programs in AM ? I saw one guy import all video clip.

Thanks a lot

What we were referring to are the illustrations on the CD. The Oz CD has the TinWoodman and Scarecrow from the "TinWoodman of Oz" production that is being made by the AM community. The Yeti CD has Kevin Waldron's Yeti on it.

2. What are v13 or v14 ? Is that some kind of updates for AM or FULL releases marks ?

Each version can be referred to by the year or the version number. v13 is 2006 and v14 is 2007.

3. Can I import some 2D picture, 3D background or 3D models from other 3D programs in AM ? I saw one guy import all video clip.

2D pictures or video can be brought in as rotoscopes or decals. 3D models from other programs can be brought in as props, meaning they would get just an overall object bone...so, there would be limited things you could do with them. You can also import models and convert them to an AM model...that would require some cleaning up on each model.

What we were referring to are the illustrations on the CD. The Oz CD has the TinWoodman and Scarecrow from the "TinWoodman of Oz" production that is being made by the AM community. The Yeti CD has Kevin Waldron's Yeti on it.

Each version can be referred to by the year or the version number. v13 is 2006 and v14 is 2007.

2D pictures or video can be brought in as rotoscopes or decals. 3D models from other programs can be brought in as props, meaning they would get just an overall object bone...so, there would be limited things you could do with them. You can also import models and convert them to an AM model...that would require some cleaning up on each model.

Sure you helped me. Thanks David. And where I can find presentation and video tutorials for AM? I downloaded some awsome clip leasting 30 minutes with Jeff Lew and saw some videos about AM on HASH site. I want to see movies created with AM also. Do you have some link for me ? Thank you