Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A pose in a pose

I have a main object that has an action that adds several other ojects to it in the chor. Now I want to control the ambient intensity in a pulsating fashion of one of the action objects (call it OX) being added. So I made a percentage pose with OX and adjusted the ambience from 0 to 100 with a pose slider. This is where I'm stuck - when I open the main object in the chor and click the OX action object, there is no pose slider to manipulate, even though I have the drivers icon unchecked. If I add the OX object to the chor by itself, the pose slider is there and works fine. When the OX object is added to the main object via the action, I can't find a way to access the pose I made for the OX object.

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong and there is a different way to do this. Bottom line is that I need to add the OX object to the main object and then I need to be able to change the OX ambient intensity in the chor.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Eric

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I just tried a different approach with no luck. I created an action with the OX object and controlled it's ambiance there. Then I tried to drag that action on top of the OX action object in the chor, but AM doesn't like that. Back to square one.

Hmm, I think the situation is a little different: I am trying to add an action to an action object in the chor. Take a look at the screencap - you'll notice AM does not allow the action to be dragged to the action object. There has to be a way though.

Action.jpg

So I made a percentage pose with OX and adjusted the ambience from 0 to 100 with a pose slider. This is where I'm stuck - when I open the main object in the chor and click the OX action object, there is no pose slider to manipulate, even though I have the drivers icon unchecked. If I add the OX object to the chor by itself, the pose slider is there and works fine. When the OX object is added to the main object via the action, I can't find a way to access the pose I made for the OX object.

I was following this quote. I know an action on an action object won't work. But a pose in an action object does. You have to be in skeletal mode to access it though.

You can't add actions to action objects in the chor. You can animate the percentage pose of an action object in the chor, though. Open the pose slider window and click on the action object in the chor (where you tried to drop the action).