Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

any "squetch rigging" tutorial videos?

mel_y3k

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sorry...maybie i wasn't that specific...i mean i need a tutorial on how to BUILD a squetch rig...

The Squetch Rig relies on Expressions for the actual squetching of the individual bones and Steve's Hand Gizmo, so the earliest version of AM that is able to use it is v11.1 (there are versions for v11.1, v12 and v13/14 on the Wiki page). The InstallRig plugin will work as far back as v11.0, so you could build an installation rig of your own rig for that version.

There isn't a complete tutorial for how to build an entire Squetch Rig from scratch at the moment (I'm assuming that's what you mean), but I did make a tutorial for how to build an installation rig that can be used for any rig that also shows how the squetching is done in the Squetch Rig. The tutorial is located here.

Does that help?

The Squetch Rig relies on Expressions for the actual squetching of the individual bones and Steve's Hand Gizmo, so the earliest version of AM that is able to use it is v11.1

so is there any other rigging style that i as or almost effective as sqetch that i can use in AM: 2004?...please say "yes" i'm desperate here... :(

The Squetch Rig relies on Expressions for the actual squetching of the individual bones and Steve's Hand Gizmo, so the earliest version of AM that is able to use it is v11.1

so is there any other rigging style that i as or almost effective as sqetch that i can use in AM: 2004?...please say "yes" i'm desperate here... :(

What part of the Squetch Rig? The actual squashing and stretching?

You could take out the Hand Gizmo (or re-work it so that it doesn't rely on Expressions) and take out anything that requires Expressions...you would still have a decent rig.

Other rigs you could use are the 2001 Rig and The Setup Machine...TSM sounds like the best choice for you if you can't use the Squetch Rig.

Hope that helps.

What part of the Squetch Rig? The actual squashing and stretching?

You could take out the Hand Gizmo (or re-work it so that it doesn't rely on Expressions) and take out anything that requires Expressions...you would still have a decent rig.

Other rigs you could use are the 2001 Rig and The Setup Machine...TSM sounds like the best choice for you if you can't use the Squetch Rig.

Hope that helps.

thanks...i'll give it a shot!

Just a question, Mel - how much is your time worth? Unless it's only about a buck an hour, you are going to burn up enough time dinking around with this that you could have just as easily upgraded... and when you're done, you will still have an old version of A:M.