sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

very first model remesh for v12-Erica model

I took a very old model and apply to what I have learn from all these years. Rework the mouth for animation, rework the hip area for smoother bending without using so many fan bones. Use TSM2 and weight mover. Use the latest Hair Particle where before she had a mesh cap on. Use simple Dynamic constraint where before there were two aim bone and a spring system. With the later version of Hash AM, I think I have reduce rigging more then half the time and it works better than before for animation.

http://www.gentlechifitness.com/images/EJ_walking_chor.mov

I haven't figure out how to smooth out the dynamic constraint in a walk cycle? There is a little jerk between the first and last frame. I just learned the Tai Chi sword form of the 42sword Competition set, and I am hoping to animate some of the moves with her.

EJ_walking_Chor15.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

she looks like an 80's b-movie queen. that's not a bad thing. ' ' )

looking good overall, but her shoulders need more volume. i'd start by lowering her armpits a bit.

otherwise, all she needs is a whip!

-jon

she looks like an 80's b-movie queen. that's not a bad thing. ' ' )

looking good overall, but her shoulders need more volume. i'd start by lowering her armpits a bit.

otherwise, all she needs is a whip!

-jon

I see the shoulder and I'll work on that, and the whip too.

thanks!

I rework the rear shoulder and armpit. I couldn't render hair and whip at the same time. I have simulate dynamic on the fly turn on, and I am wondering if I turn it off would make better render? I don't know, if hair is on the whip can't keep up. I had hair and dynamic breast and whip, maybe too much for a 1 meg ram machine? The whip not so important, but was suggested, and I aim to please.

Erica.mov

• Hash Fellow
I haven't figure out how to smooth out the dynamic constraint in a walk cycle? There is a little jerk between the first and last frame.

Don't turn the pose with the dynamic constraint ON in the walk cycle action. Delete the channel for it in the action. Turn it ON in the chor that you have the cycle repeating in.

You will need to make that dynamic constraint in a separate pose from your other constraints.

If you only render enough frames for one cycle and loop those, you'll always have a jump, because that is really jumping from one point in time to a previous point in time.

You'll need to render several continuos cycles.

I got it to work in the Chor, but only if I turn off particle for the hair. The only way I know to work around it is to make another pass with head and hair, with alpha channel on and lay it over in layers for the final render.

I render from frame 15 to 44 for a cycle loop from a 30 set frame cycle, but probably not enough for dynamics constraint?

• Hash Fellow
I got it to work in the Chor, but only if I turn off particle for the hair. The only way I know to work around it is to make another pass with head and hair, with alpha channel on and lay it over in layers for the final render.
I'm not sure why the hair would affect this.

I render from frame 15 to 44 for a cycle loop from a 30 set frame cycle, but probably not enough for dynamics constraint?

If your cycle is 30 frames long the probably is no 30 frames you can render and loop without a jump. The dynamic constraint is always working off of its position and motion in the previous frame and it's unlikely that, after a bunch of jiggling around, the position in frame 44 will be identical to the position in the frame before 15. Possible but unlikely.

If you want to see the cycle three times you'd need to render 90 frames

If your cycle is 30 frames long the probably is no 30 frames you can render and loop without a jump. The dynamic constraint is always working off of its position and motion in the previous frame and it's unlikely that, after a bunch of jiggling around, the position in frame 44 will be identical to the position in the frame before 15. Possible but unlikely.

If you want to see the cycle three times you'd need to render 90 frames

Frame 15 is the same as frame 45

the issue isn't the slight jump, the issue is that the overload of particle and dynamics made the whip leave the hands entirely. I think dynamics are a trickier beast to loop. I have a three bone translated to the main bone which is set for dynamics.

The legs and arm don't jump, just where the dynamics was applied jump.