sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Smooth Skinning

flashawd

Hi - I am smart skinning my model and everything in the upper body looks great, but it is a girl with a skirt on and I need to have her walk without her leg coming out of her skirt - what bone do I smart skin to fix the skirt when she is walking? When I click on one of her thigh bones and right click New Smartskin it bring me to the screen to do the smart skinning and her thigh bone has dissapeared. I don't know what I am doing.. help ;-) -Eric

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you upload a screenshot of the thigh disappeared? It's most probably been rotated in the x(?) axis.....that tends to happen as a default when you open a new smartskin window. It's usually best to rotate the bone in an action till it "breaks" and then right click>new smartskin in there.

Hi Ken - not a problem. The thigh and calf bone seem to dissapear when you bring it into an action as well - I am guessing it is because you don't use those bones to make her walk you use the right and left foot targets. There is no "x" on the eye icon on the thigh bones, so they are not hidden. Not sure what the problem is... any ideas?

Thanks - Eric

ditlGirl0005.jpg

Oh right. You'll probably need to switch to FK legs (if that's an pose option) But do it in an action otherwise, that pose will be associated with the smartskin window.....I think.

So, open a new action. Switch to FK legs. That should make the thigh bones appear. Then right click on them to smartskin them.

No....it will "turn it into" a smart skin relationship window and so it's built into the model. You can turn the relationship window back to a normal action by unclicking the "handcuff" icon in the top right of the screen.