Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

CP Weighting

flashawd

Hi - I am playing around w/ CP Weighting and for some reason it isn't working. Is there anything beside clicking on "show advanced properties" in the options that I need to activate in order for CP Weights to work? I just made a 6 sectioned tube w/ 3 bones in it. "Has Falloff" is on and set at 75% and 30% for the bones - you can see from the image below. Anyone who knows what I am doing wrong, please let me know. - thanks - Eric

ditlGirl0004.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not totally sure about nothing, but have you applied "Compute All CP Weights" clicking with the Right Mouse Button over the model in the Model Window? If not, I think you must do it for "Has Falloff" take the proper effect over afected CPs.

Hi Ramon - that would do it, thank you. ;) David thank you for the links - if you know, what is the difference between the old rig and the one (squelch) from the tutorial - thank you . Eric

I'm not sure I understand, Eric...the difference between the 2001 Rig and the Squetch Rig or the differences between the version of Squetch Rig used in the tutorial to the present Squetch Rig?

If it's the differences between the 2001 Rig and the Squetch Rig...built-in squash and stretch on every joint, a face rig and FACE on-face controls, the Hand Gizmo, IK/FK switch (a hand-off of controls so that the arm/leg stays in place when switching), limb bowing, scale-to-reach poses on arms and legs in IK, an IK spine, optional versions with the Foot Gizmo (for characters with hand-like feet), simple toe add-ons for toes that don't need as much as the Foot Gizmo and a tail add-on for bipeds, a relatively easy method of installation that uses poses (the Posable installation put together by Mark Skodacek)...also, a Quadraped version of the rig. I'm sure there are more differences, but that's a lot of it.

There have been enough updates to the Squetch Rig since that tutorial to make some things different...for a biped, I would recommend using the Posable installation of the Squetch Rig along with a tutorial located here. You can find links to all other Squetch Rig related things in my signature at the bottom of this post.

Hope that helps.