Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animation Master updates

Stronghorn

Ok, I fully intended to buy the 2007 current version from the Hash website. I had tried to purchase on e-bay and lost at last second of bid time. Well unknown to me untl it was too late my wife put a bid on another copy of Animation Master 2006, which was described as "new in Box" and "This is what you would buy from Hash for 299.00" She did this for me for Fathers Day, and so she was just trying to do something for me. And I was excited to be able to get the program before I expected.

Ok, now it came in the mail yesterday. The box is in great shape, their are two cds, one is Yeti character AM cd. The other is Extras CD volume one. The large box it came in had only those two cds (wrapped like new in plastic) the box states a printed full color manual included. Now if the item is in "new in box" I would think that included everything including a manual. So the program installed fine, I have only browsed it a little because of lack of time. I followed along with the online video manuel...lesson one. Once I got to the pose slider feature and tried to copy what the video was doing, I could get no pose slider actions to drop down in the window box, just blank. Which brings me to queastion one, Is there something I need to do to fix this? Also the software did come with a card with a serial which I did register online. Do I need to mail to hard copy card to Hash even though I did the online registration?

Last question for now..because I am feeling suspicous by nature...Is it correct that the software would be 2006 if the window says AM 2005, and the version number is v12.0... so where would I look for any current updates to software for this versions history?

Thank you, I am very interested in learning this software and I fully intend to support Hash with 100.00 upgrade each year, and to keep software up to date as well. Again thank you in advance for your response.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the yeti CD about a year ago, and mine was the same as yours. It actually comes with v12 on the CD, but you can download all the v13 updates from the hash website and they will work with your CD. The newest version, which is 14, will not. You can get version 13.0t HERE

It should have come with the book The Art of Animation Master. I think you might be able to find a pdf version of it somewhere on these forums.

Oh yeah, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

I bought the yeti CD about a year ago, and mine was the same as yours. It actually comes with v12 on the CD, but you can download all the v13 updates from the hash website and they will work with your CD. The newest version, which is 14, will not. You can get version 13.0t HERE

It should have come with the book The Art of Animation Master. I think you might be able to find a pdf version of it somewhere on these forums.

Oh yeah, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Thanks for welcome T-Dogg...

Are there special things about updating that I need to know so I don't screw something up? And do you or did you have the blank drop down in the pose slider? Thanks again for taking time to answer.

Look at ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/windows/Am2007/ to get the latest TAOAM2007.pdf (The Art of Animation Master).

The first lesson uses Kee Kat because he has all the pose sliders already assigned. Load Kee Kat (in the library) into the choreography (not the model window) and then go to view in the menu, find the Pose slider option and click on it. You should have all the pose sliders available to you on the left of your screen above the library.

Good Luck and welcome to A:M.

Hmm. Confusing. Did you say V12.0? That would be the CD with Sorcerez, the witch, levitating Thom, and I bought my V12 in 2005. I just got V13 which has the yeti and the two discs. (And which never, ever hangs or crashes, by the way. :P ) So I'm a bit confused about which you've really got.

Hmm. Confusing. Did you say V12.0? That would be the CD with Sorcerez, the witch, levitating Thom, and I bought my V12 in 2005. I just got V13 which has the yeti and the two discs. (And which never, ever hangs or crashes, by the way. :P ) So I'm a bit confused about which you've really got.

It is the two cds with the yeti, but loads AM 2005. Here is where I run into a problem. When I download the update to v.13 then the program does not run. So I do know if I am following the wrong path to install or getting wrong update which is 2006(yeti) update... thank in advance for help..

• 2 weeks later...

If you are moving from v12 to v13 AM will typically install into a new folder so if you are just using the one desktop shortcut you will need to change it. If, however, you mean that it won't run because the CD key is the wrong version then you need to talk to Hash. Note that the latest version of 13 may require a 2007 subscription - not a 2006 subscription (ie the latest CD)

Cheers

If you are moving from v12 to v13 AM will typically install into a new folder so if you are just using the one desktop shortcut you will need to change it. If, however, you mean that it won't run because the CD key is the wrong version then you need to talk to Hash. Note that the latest version of 13 may require a 2007 subscription - not a 2006 subscription (ie the latest CD)

Cheers

everything updated fine. Thanks. I was in need of a dll file which Rodney guided me to.