Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Video Codecs

greg

Hi there,

I've been trying to get a video clip converted from WMV to AVI so that I can bring it into A:M. I've tried Movie Maker, which I understand from another thread here that it probably won't work, Ulead Video Studio and Virtual Dub. Working with the A:M support people they suggested I might try a more standard codec than the ones used, Virtual Dub uses Microsoft DIB and the Ulead codec was not obtained by AVICODEC. Does anyone know of a rendering package which will create an AVI movie which A:M can bring in? Or, can someone tell me how to change the CODEC on the packages I am using? I can't seem to find a place to change the COODEC to one of the ones suggested by the help desk, MS Video 1 or Cinepak.

Thanks,

Greg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Greg:

I prefer to use Sony Movie Studio. It around $100 US for it and you can download a 30 day free trial from the link below.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/downlo...ep2.asp?DID=613

It will allow you to load a .wmv video file (or .mov or whatever), and save it to many different formats, including uncompressed AVI, DVAVI, etc.

Al

Video Studio can output an AVI. Try using "uncompressed" first, then work your way through the other codecs to see what works with A:M.

edit: Make sure you aren't using the "DV" codec. If you must use DV, use DV type 2

Thanks for all the help. I'll look at these. In the mean time I found a package called Video Cleaner, which is $30 with a 30 day trial with watermark and two minute limit. So far I have been able to use the short movie I created with this one. I'll test drive the other suggestions also.

Thanks again,

Greg