sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Theodore N' Fink Character update

I've got a new Theodore N' Fink script in the works and I figured it was time to revamp the characters from a short I did back in 2004. If I can pull it off there will be a childrens series on the way! My dream would be to make a living with AM doing such a series. Here is the link to the old clip.

http://migrate.hash.com/amfilms/search/entry.php?entry=1096

At any rate. The old rig had lots of issues and so i've been able to redesign him incorporating all the new things i've learned since 2004! I'm still trying to decide if I like the more realish look as compared to the older more cartoonish look. Also the new one takes 13 seconds to render as opposed to 6 on account of all the high resolution texture, bump and trans maps. Any thoughts or comments good or bad?

Thanks,

-Ethan

post-341-1180726815_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At any rate. The old rig had lots of issues and so i've been able to redesign him incorporating all the new things i've learned since 2004! I'm still trying to decide if I like the more realish look as compared to the older more cartoonish look. Also the new one takes 13 seconds to render as opposed to 6 on account of all the high resolution texture, bump and trans maps. Any thoughts or comments good or bad?

Ethan -

The new one looks more youthful and bright-eyed. You consequently have made him enormously more appealing - a very important thing for a kids film. I like the more realistic decaling, too...The only thing you might consider changing is taking his colours "up" a bit; make him stand out from the backgrounds. I have seen the original film and it was good, but I recall thinking "oh how muted the colours are" which is nice, but might not grab a kid-of-today's attention as effectively.

New character shape though - MUCH IMPROVED.

Great job!

Definitely the new one.....those texture/transparent maps are needed for the fins etc. I also agree with the saturation especially in the eyes. Good luck with the series!