sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Star Wars AT-AT

Hey folks.

I had started an AT-AT from Star Wars a while back, and am releasing it to the community here. It doesn't have any textures on it, but it is rigged and the project comes with a basic walk cycle for it.

Feel free to download the model for your own use. If you happen to add textures to it, or change it in any way, please post the updated project and textures here so others can have access to it as well.

There is a read me in the zip file that contains a history of changes. Please add a description of your changes to the History, so you can receive proper credit.

When it comes time for the next Extras CD/DVD, I would like to submit the latest version of the AT-AT to the collection.

Thanks...

Al

at_at0.jpg

at_at.zip

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The "toes" should have some pose-ability for walking on non-level terrain. Not too hard to add.

You can cut a lot of patch count on the feet. I'm not sure what happened to the venting on the back. It looks like some goemetry got mixed up.

You are both right on your comments. I had been using A:M for only a few months when I started working on the AT-AT and was learning as I went along.

Hmmm... things haven't changed too much. Still learning as I am going along. :D

Feel free to change or modify the model if you wish, add to it, have fun.

Al

Can I add my thanks to the list? It's very generous of you to make it available for everyone, Al. It's much better than I would have come up with any time soon....

Gareth

• Admin

Thats a great model Al. Thanks! :)

Sure wish I had the time to play with all these Star Wars models that have been showing up in the past few years.

When I was growing up my family couldn't afford to buy the toys and I didn't even see Star Wars until after Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, which I saw on video only after a family friend took pity on me. My first Star Wars movie seen in the theater was Return of the Jedi and my brother and I practically memorized it and acted it out for months. "What you didn't see Star Wars in the theater when it was first released? Bo... shudda!"

I had most of the Star Wars cards when they were released and they provided endless days of exploring many imagined worlds of Star Wars. In a way not seeing the movies made it even more interesting to me as I had to fill in the gaps with my imagination. Even then I was facinated by what was going on behind the scenes.

Now here everyone is building their own Star Wars toys.

Animating your own AT-AT in Animation:Master... how cool is that! :)