Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

V.13 pastes new object slightly offset...

I notice that there's a built-in [?] offset when V.13 pastes a copy. Every time V.11 pasted the copy directly over the original, I half wished it wouldn't. Now that it doesn't, I find that I have need of the old way, particularly when making multiples that have to sit on the same baseline...like the engines on the Junkers flying wing, like the tank bogey wheels I'm trying to align.

Can the offset be disabled, or re-set to a known figure, so that 'X' number of cliks up, and 'X' number sideways will put the copy back on the baseline?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a manual setting for the x and y offset in version 13 for pasted and extruded objects. You can change them by going to 'Tools', then 'Options', then click on the 'Units' tab. The x and y offsets are in the frame at the bottom right. To make pasted or extruded CP's appear dirrectly over the originals, simply set both the x and y components to 0.

unitslr1.jpg

This happens when installing an update or new version of AM. The old settings will go back to the defaults. The defaults for pasting/extruding have an offset of like 10 pixels in the X and Y and the Use CP spacing is checked.

When ever I install a new version of AM I go in and change some of my settings.

-vern

If you want to keep the offset, you can set it to the same value as your grid. Then it's just a simple nudge with the arrow keys to get it back on the base line.

If you want to keep the offset, you can set it to the same value as your grid. Then it's just a simple nudge with the arrow keys to get it back on the base line.

Outstanding! Thanks.