Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

MONSTER SIZED BONES...

It appears that when an object is put into the choreography window, the size of the bounding box and bone have little relationship to the size of the object. Frequently, an object like a house has a box approximately the size of the object. But, on the other hand, a very small object gets a bounding box that would hold Cinncinnati.

Case in point: the bridge segment. The bounding box is nearly 300% bigger that the whole project. To put the cursor on the tip of the bone to rotate, I'm zoomed out so far, I can no longer see the object, let alone adjust its position. [ the red dot ids the bridge segment] I could zoom in so it's easily visible, then enter number values to move it, but the pivot point is 'way outside the object.

Can the box/bone be reduced to some size more reasonable, and can the pivot point be set to a place inside the model?

Untitled_3.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

The pivot point for the model (the black bone) would normally be at 0,0,0 of the modeling space. If your model is not constructed around 0,0,0 the pivot point woud appear outside it. Also if you had moved the black bone while in bones mode that would move the pivot point.

you can go in to bones mode in your model andmove the black bone to any point in your model. You may have to click on the background to make it appear.

You can make that base model bone smaller in the model bones mode as well.

Sometimes I like having a large bone so I can grab it easier...

Sometimes I like having a fairly large model bone so it is easier to access in the choreography.

;)

-vern

Sometimes I like having a fairly large model bone so it is easier to access in the choreography.

BINGO!

That did it. Thanks Robcat, thanks Vern.

I agree that a bone should be big enough stand out and get a hold on, but until now I felt I was walking to Tulsa to move my house in Massachusetts. And then I couldn't see the house.

Now on to those Alpha Channels.

Posted the following, and then realized that the old pre-modified Bridge segment needed to be deleted from the chorography, and the new inserted.

['Seems I've got one more loose end: as you can see, I've got the model centered on the XY & Z axis. The bone is centered, and reduced in size. Then I get to the choreography and while they are properly reduced, they are still outside the model. I re-read your replies and I think I did it right. I even did a re-start hoping the system would re-set and modifications take effect, but they did not.]

NO_BINGO.jpg