sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Some Things I've Been Hearing

Distress

One of the things I've seen around here is that apparently people can make games out of Animation: Master. Am I correct on this? If so, how does that work? What are the requirements? This is a totally new concept to me, making games from a personal 3d animation program. Sounds like something fun.

Another thing is making money. Just out of curiosity, how exactly do average A:M users go about selling their own animation? If that actually happens, often? I've heard there might be certain websites to do it. This is also a relatively new discovery.

I'd love for some clarification on these things.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The characters and backgrounds in Tak and the Power of JuJu were created using A:M. I don't know what game engine they used. They modeled, textured, and animated the characters in A:M and exported them to some game engine (perhaps one they created?).

Right now we are using Maya to model and animate for a game I am a part of (The Silver Lining). We use an exporter to export the Maya files to use with the Torque game engine (low-cost 3D game engine made by GarageGames). I am trying to get our team to us A:M for future games because I find working with it much easier - I think they would too - and it's MUCH more affordable :P.

- Michael