Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

AM in an italian short film :) ??

Spyro70

Hi there,

my name is Giovanni and I write you from Italy. I am a new user in this forum but I have not at the moment AM. My english so no good so please excuse me for probable errors! :blink:

I am a young filmaker that want make a short film where a little alien visit an uman bacause he want understand the humans!

Is it a little short film that I want propose a several italian festival of shorts film. My first idea was create a puppet with foam and animate it with my hand. But I have considered that the final result can be very bad, so, I go around internet and I have discovered AM!!

I am amazing for the quality of puppets that it can do, but my fear is that it is not simple to use...or I'll not be able to create a very good puppet for my short. At the same time I think that AM is software that can do it! So I want ask you several things and I hope to get answer:

1) AM is a software that it is for me?? I want create a simple alien, with round head and skin of green or grey felt.

2) It is difficult animate it for several expression?

3) Can I integrate animation with live???? But this happen in AM or in a video editor?

4) How effective must be a PC to animate and render a good puppet?

5) I'm ordering a copy of AM 2007 in a site that offer it for 189$. The price is different of your so how I can understand if is it a original and good copy?

Thanks for all !!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you here! I think I get the gist of the message. ;)

1) No problem. How easy or hard is up to you.

2) Not really. It's easier than any other 3D software.

3) Live action and AM is possible. If you want to track something, you'll need another cheap program called SynthEyes (sp?). Or you can bring the background live action into AM and animate your alien in front of it. Easy.

4) Obviously the faster the better. I'd recommend at least a 2Ghz and 512mb ram and WinXP/Mac equivalent.

5) Can you post a link to the site? That sounds abit too cheap. I wouldn't trust it. AM costs $299 usually and $99 to upgrade no matter when you bought it originally.

you should be able to do good with what ever computer you can now buy in the store, windows xp might be best if your using windows, and ken is right A:M is the easiest i know of.so your a young filmmaker huh? you shouldn't have hardly any problem getting used to A:M, i'm 15 and i've had A:M for 2 and a half years and i've gotten pretty good if i say so my self ;)

http://www.wolfworks.co.nr