sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Splines showing up in final renders - Argh!

someawfulbridge

I saw that this has been addressed a few times in forums, but I never found an actual answer!

I have finished the modeling part (not texturing/surfacing, and there is no decaling) of a computer. At some point during me setting up my test renders, the splines started showing on the surface at all times, even in the final renders. "Render as lines" is set to off, I'm using final-quality render settings (no shaded/wireframe), and all the obvious stuff I can think of checks out. I just pushed the wrong button somewhere. How do I make this stop?!?

Here is the pic, and in case it'll help, I'm also attaching the project file.

Thanks!

post-8763-1170716722_thumb.jpg

commodore.prj.zip

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This might be something that you have overlooked:

Hit Ctrl/P and select the "Rendering" tab. You should see "Use Settings from:". Set it to "The Camera" so that you know you can be certain that your render will be using the camera settings or set these options to the output you require.

I have never experienced the problem that you are having so my reply is only a guess at what the cause might be.

You, sir, are a god among men. Those groups appeared while I was perusing various surfacing options, and having not intentionally created them, I didn't think to look for them. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Thanks!

You have "Render as lines" set to on in the properties of Group1 and Group2.