Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

testing water

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just testing water reflection and movement with canoe. This is going to be part of Act 1, scene 2.

It's only 1.3 meg.

http://www.dwaynejensen.com/Misc/Untitled.mov

If you want it more realistic, I would suggest a little bobbing up and down. when the paddle pushes down you become lighter, and also your speed up when paddle in action stroking the water, then slowdown with the resistance.

Pretty clever paddling away from camera. At least you don't have to deal with water splashes from the paddle.

I think it looks great - I love the atmosphere, and the broken up reflection looks good too. Only thing was that I was a bit confused by the wake (wave?) at the end, with the canoe being quite rigid on the water, as ruscular said, a little bobbing maybe.

I think it looks great - I love the atmosphere, and the broken up reflection looks good too. Only thing was that I was a bit confused by the wake (wave?) at the end, with the canoe being quite rigid on the water, as ruscular said, a little bobbing maybe.

Yeah OK guys... Thanks

I did roll it a little but a little bob might be good too. My landscapes are quite stylized, so I'm just not sure yet how realistic, I should do the animation. I'm not trying to fool anyone that this is real. I would still like to have freedom to do some wild stuff. I'm wondering if my water should be more angular like the the rest of the the landscapes.

Here is a sample of the type of landscape I will be useing.

Mtn-1.jpg

That is beautiful. The canoe, the water, reflections, everything. I love it.

I don't think realism is what you're after as much as believability. Instead of having the man freeze after rowing have him move very slowly like he's straightening his back or something, just ever so slightly so that you don't break the mood with either too abrupt a movement or an abrupt freeze.

Great job.