sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Using expression for wave

johnl3d

Since I have been off (from work... ;) ) this week I been pushing some ideas I've been thinking about on my commute to & from work so here is another one.

I used an expression to move a series of bones on a plane to make waves. The actual expression was applied to each bone with a simple copy and paste and a tweak. It needs adjustment since it is a bit fast but I wanted to try a render. So I grabbed a boat off the cd, a darktree material, for the water, added a null following a spline on the grid, to contrain the boat's position and rendered.

Its only a single multipass to speed things up ( slow computer) and a litttle jaggy but here it is

:blink:wavetest.mov :blink:

and here's the project the decals needed are on the cd and the darktree is on their site in the depository

wavetest.zip

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but I was going to try to have an emitter doing a wash and have it preceed the same null but thought that would be too much for my machine

For motion sickness just contrain the camera to the boats deck :huh::wacko::blink: