Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Sneeze

Nat

Hey peeps,

been working on this animation the last couple days. Just something for my demo reel. I haven't animated the second character yet, but he's going to be looking at a paper or something. Can you guess what's going to happen next? Yeah, he's gonna wipe it on the poor guy, but in a very discreet manner. Anyway, comments welcome! Enjoy!

sneeze_low.mov

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent!

Love the anticipation, exaggeration and follow thru. All of the basics of cartoon animation are very well done.

Now, is the "sneezer" supposed to be sneaking up on the victim or that's just the way he waddles when he walks?

Hey Dhar! Should have guessed you'd be the first to comment. =) Thanks for the comment, and to answer your question about the sneaking/walking/waddling, I'm not really sure what you'd call that. I acted this out and found myself doing this walk, kinda of a "don't mind me, ho-hum" saunter over to the other character. Not a sneak. Anyway, it may not be clear enough for the general viewing public, in which case, I'll change it. Was your first impression, "why the heck is he walking like that?" Did it seem to fit with the character, but you just weren't able to categorize it? I guess what I'm asking is; did it add or take away from the performance? Thanks Dhar.

• 2 weeks later...

Was your first impression, "why the heck is he walking like that?"

The sneeze was great - but I did wonder about the walk - I just assumed you weren't done with the walk

I personally like the waddling walk better. Because he knows what he is going to do is bad and not going to will himself to directly do it, but saunter to the duty because he doesn't know what to do with the messy hands. Direct walk is a man on a mission that he wants.