sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Jedi Dex

Meet Jedi Dex. He is the second character in my Star Wars Fan Film. The first character is the AT-AT.

I recreated the body from a Jedi model that was originally downloaded from Sci-Fi 3D, then converted to an Anim8or file. The face and head come from the Dex A:M model. There are still a lot of things that need to be done to Jedi Dex, like fixing a lot of bumps, creases and proportions, texturing and rigging him. The colors you currently see were used to differentiate a lot of the different groups in the model. I did play around with texturing his vest though.

C&C always welcome...

Al

[attachmentid=22990]

[attachmentid=22991]

jedi_dex.jpg

jedi_dex_360.mov

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Master Jedi Dex, the Jedi with the blue spandex bikini shorts LOL :D

That looks pretty good Al. The back has a few flat spots that need a bit of rounding off, but it look like you're almost there.

Keep up the good work.

• 3 months later...

Very good start. He shouldn't get cold in that outfit. I remember the AT-AT model. Way cool.

The only real crit. I have is that the boots look a little out of proportion at the ankles. Seems

too wide front/back and too narrow side/side.

This is going to end up being a spectacular model. I've always found clothing modelling a challenge

so I really commend your work. It is looking pretty darn authentic.

Master Jedi Dex, the Jedi with the blue spandex bikini shorts LOL biggrin.gif

That looks pretty good Al. The back has a few flat spots that need a bit of rounding off, but it look like you're almost there.

Keep up the good work.

Hmmm. Jedi Dex in blue spandex bikini shorts on a Wookie skin rug. Yeesh! Gonna' have nightmares about that. :blink:

It is pretty good. How long did the modeling take?

Can't really remember how long it took to re-create the model in A:M. It was a while ago, and was learning modelling techniques at the same time. Would definitely do things different now.

The man is in need of a rear end. It's probably obvious, as you stated that he needs proportional work.
Jedi Dex really does have a butt. It is just that the blue spandex bikini shorts he is wearing underneath his clothes is keeping his butt well concealed. :D

I've always found clothing modelling a challenge so I really commend your work. It is looking pretty darn authentic.

Thanks, but the real credit goes to the person who originally created the 3DS model that I worked from. I don't think I could create something like this from scratch yet.

Once I am done with MMC 5 and the Lost World, I would like to get back to this Fan Film.

Later...

Al