Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Exercise 11.5 - Make A Face

Tralfaz

Name: Al Dinelt

Exercise Completed: Exercise 11.5: Make A Face

Date Completed: October 11, 2006

Instructor: TAoA:M

I spent tonight working on Exercise 11.5 - Make A Face. Semi-pleased with the results except for the creases and bumps that I could not get rid of. That and the Copy/Flip/Attach added a ridge down the center of Cooper's face that makes him look part Klingon. (I used the Cooper rotoscopes for the decal)

Any suggestions on what I could do to get rid of the creases would be greatly appreciated.

I now have a greater appreciation for those who can do organic modelling!

Thanks...

Al

[attachmentid=21334]

[attachmentid=21335]

cooper0.jpg

cooper_wire0.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

I think that turned out pretty well!

[attachmentid=21338]

The parts circled in red may crease because there are more than two splines going thru a CP.

You could probably eliminate a hook by deleting the red splines and reattaching the blue one as in teh pic..

face.jpg

First off.. its pretty good for a first shot.. I recognised the mesh right away! of course I should.. I've been staring at it for almost 6 years now.

You also have some odd things going on in the cheeks on the side. I'm guessing that they may crease as well but they can be fixed easily.

I really need to update this tutorial with what I know about modelling faces now. to much to do not enough time.

To get rid of the klingon ridge you can just select the center spline and pull it back into the face a little where it needs it.

If you see creases try using hooks or 5 point patches instead of 3 or more splines running into the same point. And one other thing you can try is moving the offending crease to a point that cant be seen (sometimes hard to do) ie.. take the intersections around the mouth and try to shift them inward into the mouth, same around the nose and ears.

Great so far though!

C

Thanks for the tips folks. I tried some of fixing some of the splines and control points and things started to look a bit better. Then I continued to fix things to the point where it is worse than when I started. I think I will give this a break for now and try doing the exercise again a bit later.

Thanks...

Al