Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Deform Tool.

urthmaan

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever tried to make a asteroid? Lets say, it would have a high patch-resolution-sphere and now you want to deform it. There are two possibilites to make that, and one is the distortion-mode. (The other is the soft-translate-tool for CPs).

Or lets say you have a toon-car. Now you want the care to stretch and deform. YOu could now try to deform it by hand or with the standard-scaletools, but the distortion-box will be more efficient and faster for that.

*Fuchur*

Distortion mode. One the BEST later features to come to A:M.

When I was trying to learn Maya I was OVERWHELMED by the mass of modelling tools, each one more complex and outdoing all the others. A:M has a nice minimal array of modelling features...lathe, extrude, some nice wizards...what am I missing? Now, the distortion mode feature actually reminds me of a Maya-esque distortion tool, only MUCH simpler. You can employ it any time, in model, action, pose, or chor...it puts a mesh around your selected CP's, and the mesh is an interface for the underlying geometry...grab some mesh points and push-pull-scale-rotate... it's GREAT!

Experiment with it. You will quickly come to depend upon it.