Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Lawmaster mark I

Gorf

I was looking through some of my old comics & annuals, trying to decide if anything was suitable for my seven year old (none of it is).

There was a pretty good schematic for Judge Dredd's bike, so I started on it. This is the MkI Lawmaster. The Mk2 has cannons. These are the ones from the 2000AD and Judge Dredd comics: the one in the Stallone film is just a disguised Harley, so it has relatively thin tyres. I don't recall the flying one in the film ever being in the comics, but they did start thirty years ago (God I'm old, now) so my memory may have failed me.

There are some obvious faults, such as one of the tailpipes going through the rear wheel bodywork, and some of the engine parts haven't been modelled or mirrored to the far side yet. There shouldn't be a gap between the rear wheel bodywork and the ammo box. There are a couple of gun holes either side of the cone-shape laser on the front that have yet to be modelled. There should be a computer console on top of the fuel tank too.

My only contribution to the design is to use grooved tyres instead of the slicks present on the schematic. I've cheated with the rifle - it's just the AR42 from the CD, remodelled to an extent so it matches the visible parts of the rifle from the schematic. It's called a "scatter gun" (apparently) which suggests a shotgun, but my failing memory doesn't recall it...

I'd love to know how to get speckled paint (as in the "Cars" logo") or even just a good, very dark-blue metallic paint.

Anyway - comments welcome, good or not so good...

post-1449-1155859527_thumb.jpg

post-1449-1155860154_thumb.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a Judge Dredd fan; I even liked the movie, (shush, don't tell anyone). Good start on the bike.

I have always defended the movie too. It has it's faults (Dread should have kept his helmet on through more then the first five minutes of the flick), but the ABC robot is awsome!

I have the 6 foot Dread movie theater standup hanging in my dad's shop. :)

I'd love to know how to get speckled paint (as in the "Cars" logo") or even just a good, very dark-blue metallic paint.

Take a look at the sample metal flake I made here, it may suit your needs.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23134

I'm a Judge Dredd fan; I even liked the movie, (shush, don't tell anyone). Good start on the bike.

I must admit, I enjoyed the movie, but I think it would have been better to try to stand on it's own without the dredd licence. They made too many changes (IMHO) that seemed to upset some hardcore fans.

But then if they hadn't tied it into the licence, then people would have complained that they had copied Dredd. I guess they couldn't really win <_>

Take a look at the sample metal flake I made here, it may suit your needs.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23134

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Apart from the helmet thing, I thought the Dredd film was pretty good too. I started the ABC warrior for the last "Mechanical" contest, but the timescale and my abilities were mutually exclusive. :lol:

Did a lot of work on the bike yesterday, but I'll get it painted before filling the thread with more images...