sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Honda Rune

Well, it's been a while since I had any chance to do any modeling, so I thought the best way was to model something I'm really interested in...The Honda Rune.

So far I have the back fender, front fender, and gas tank (thanks to help on the main forum).

Got a ways to go, but it's coming along. I am basing this off of some press photos (top and side views, but they don't quite match...), as well as a little scale model I have. Someday soon I'll be able to fork out the $25k or so to buy a real one. In the meantime I've been developing hardbags for the Rune, which will be available in less than a month (if you have a Rune...or VTX 1800).

Comments are welcome.

[attachmentid=18278] [attachmentid=18279]

post-412-1152851423_thumb.jpg

post-412-1152851457_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a major undertaking. Exciting stuff. Good start :)

Greg, I don't know if it's the reflections on the tank, but this area doesn't look like it's translated in your wireframe. It looks like there is an extra bulge as it goes back towards the rear.

[attachmentid=18281]

post-5367-1152852514_thumb.jpg

That's more of a reflection, although I did go back and make some tweaks to the tank, thanks to the magic of the distortion box (I can't believe I've never used that, in 10 years...). Unlike most tanks, the Rune tank is very low profile, wide, and flat somewhat on the sides (with a slight bulge right below the word Rune).

Tired now. Will post more tomorrow night.

Thanks for the great feedback. :)