Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Dragonlance

I've been working on a short film about the Dragonlance books. Specifically the part where Sturm defends the High Clerist Tower and dies. I've been experiementing with diffrent styles of modeling and was just wondering what particular look do the members of the community think would fit well? I have my own particular style and prefrence but i'm not sure it fits well. I tend to have a mix of real-life and cartoon (much like my avatar pic). Any suggestions?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, sometimes you have to wait more than 90 minutes.

But really, who are we to tell you the best way to model your characters? A:M is all about serving the individual animator's vision. Make some choices, model it, and put it up for comments in WIP. Most likely you'll get praise and advice. If people think you're heading in a bad direction, modeling-wise, they'll say so.

True. But I know there are some die-hard fans out there and I know it may sound corny but I don't want to screw around with the characters and ruin it. It's kinda like the original Dungeons & Dragons movie. It sucked! Why? Terrible story, terrible characters, and really terrible dialogue. I don't want to screw up is all and was hoping for some feed-back from some people who know the story and characters. Another view other than my own perception. That's all.

I always love a Photo-toony look.

Just to show that I love Dragonlance here's an old link of mine.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...p;hl=Dragon-man

By the way, I love that part of the books :).

I remember that guy (I read through the entire post). He's an extremly nice model, whatever happened to him?